Become an AWS Instructor
Turn your knowledge and work experience into a rewarding teaching opportunity!
AWS is currently seeking instructors to develop courses on the subjects listed below. However, we are open to all submissions.
- Blueprint Reading and Writing
- Visual Inspection
- Hands-on NDT Workshop
- Destructive Testing
- Lean Management
- Finance for Engineers
- Leading High-Performance Teams
- Starting an inspection business
- Quality Management
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Business opportunities for CWIs
Benefits of being an AWS Instructor
- Assist AWS in fulfilling its mission of moving the industry forward through continued training and education of current and future generations of welding professionals.
- Maintain your intellectual property.
- Earn additional income.
- Free promotion of you and your course on the AWS website.
- Enjoy full logistical, marketing and customer service support so you can focus on teaching.
How do I start?
There are several opportunities for individuals interested in teaching for the American Welding Society.
DEVELOP & TEACH YOUR OWN TRAINING >
If you have a course in mind, or currently teach your own course, you can focus on instruction and have AWS take care of the rest.
Please visit the “Develop & Teach” page for additional details on how to take the next step.
BECOME AN EXAM PREP INSTRUCTOR >
Do you hold a current CWI, SCWI, CRI, or CWS and want to teach one of our exam prep seminars?
If so, please visit the “Exam Prep Instructor” page for more details.
Still have questions?
- Tell us about your question