Next Session TBD – Sold OutFall 2020 Session: Oct. 20th – Nov. 19th – Sold Out
Click a date below to select:
Next Session TBD Fall 2020 Session: Oct. 20th – Nov. 19th
Click on the class name/date you’d like to attend. From here, click the icon “Add to Cart”. Sold-out class icons have an “X” and are unavailable to select.
Everything needed for class is included in price
GTAW, commonly known as TIG welding, is an extremely versatile process for joining metal. For those looking for a comprehensive training program in TIG welding, this 10-session course runs twice a week from 6:00pm-9:00pm. Classes feature a combination of lecture and hands-on practice. Our state-of-the-art facility boasts 16 welding stations with Miller TIG welding machines and a well-ventilated workspace for project layout and class collaboration. Students will also have access to MIG and Stick welders, plasma cutters and a variety of other metal shop equipment. Our instructors are both knowledgeable and motivated to teach you the basics of TIG welding. This class is designed for beginners and those who want to take their skills to the next level. Upon completion, students will be familiar with safety, equipment, equipment set up and proper welding techniques.
Tuition includes everything needed to successfully complete the program, but some students may want to purchase additional supplies or materials for projects. Both are available next door at Mahany Welding Supply.
Topics Covered Include:
- Safety for Welders
- The GTAW process
- Types of GTAW equipment
- Assembling a GTAW system
- Welding steel in the Flat, Horizontal, and Vertical
- Proper techniques for welding “tee”,”lap”, “corner”, “butt”, and “edge” joints
- Welding defects; causes and cures
- Aluminum: properties and challenges for welding
- Aluminum: understanding AC output, balance, and frequency controls
- Stainless Steel: Properties and challenges for welding
- Tungsten types and applications, proper sharpening techniques
- Shielding Gases: types and applications
- GMAW (MIG) Welding and plasma cutting and demonstrations (one-night overview)
- Special topics
- 30-hour Course. Class meets twice a week for five weeks total.
- Each class is from 6pm-9pm
- Experience required: None
- All materials and safety equipment included
- Complimentary coffee and vending machines available
Safety Equipment Included:
- Students will receive jacket, gloves, beanie, safety glasses and ear plugs. Total value of $100
- Students will use studio owned auto darkening helmets during the course
Upcoming Session: (10 classes total and each class is 6pm-9pm)
- Fall 2020 Session: Oct. 20, 22, 27, 29, Nov. 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19 (6pm-9pm, Tues. & Thurs.)
Student Health / Dress Code / Refund Policy:
NOTE: Our programs are designed to be as inclusive as possible. However, if you have any concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health please contact Arc + Flame Center at 585-349-7110 before signing up for this class. We want to ensure the best possible class experience for all our students. Please make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Do NOT wear flip-flops, open toed shoes or highly flammable clothing. Please read our class refund policy. If you have any questions, contact our administrative team at 585-349-7110 or email: email@example.com.